Saturday, February 27, 2010

What knowledge have you connected with past knowledge?

Biochemistry has been a slightly more indepth discussion of topics that I have previously learned in other courses. In our last lecture, the discussion of enzymes and how they form an enzyme substrate complex with a particular substrate was discussed immensely in my General Microbiology course that I took last semester. Another section of this course that I have linked with another course was when talking about amino acids, and how tryptophan make us sleepy when we eat meat. I had learned about this is Anatomy and Physiology, but what I did not know was that the tryptophan is actually converted into serotonin. The information that is new to me so far in Biochemistry is the Michaelis - Menten Kinetics. I have never used this before, but considering it involves math, I think that I will understand it fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment